Romanians Host EV-2002 Conference
The Research Institute for Electrical Engineering - ICPE sa Bucuresti organized in Pitesti city, together with CAR SUBASSAMBLIES sa.-Pitesti, over the period 3-4 October 2002, the second edition of the Work Shop "EV-2002", dedicated to the electric motor cars and ecological transport in Romania.
This year edition took place under the title "ELECTRIC CAR-FUTURE SOLUTION FOR CLEAN TOWNS".
The event was cofinanced by the Ministry of Education and Research and was organized with the support of RATB, ARO-Campulung, Batteries CARANDA, VARTA, ICPE-ACTEL, TEHNOSOFT, Technological Transfer Center CTTIE Bucuresti.
According to all studies and statistic reports elaborated by specialized organizations and companies as well, especially those in the field of energetic resources, materialized in various documents promoted at the international level, the main source of the CO2 emission increase in the atmosphere between 1985-2000 is represented by the thermal motor- based transport which stands for 47% of the total increase for the respective period; consequently 40% of the total amount of CO2 emissions that influence the climatic changes are generated by the transport inside the towns.
It is stated, in a very suggestive way, that "the transport, especially the road one, has become the victim of its own success".
The "EV CONSORTIUM", organized for the promotion of the ecological vehicle transport in Romania, includes universities with concerns in this field, research institutes, companies from the Romanian car industry, as well as other organizations interested in the ecological transport promotion.
The consortium objectives mainly refer to the way of making sensitive the public opinion, the central and local authorities relative to the necessity of promoting and supporting the ecological transport, as well as to the organization of some working teams from the members of the consortium that should promote successful projects in the field of the ecological transport within the national or European R and D programs, objectives that have also been considered on the occasion of "EV-2002".
On the occasion of the Work Shop there were presented several tutorials of a large interest, namely:
- Modern Drive Systems for Electric Vehicles - A Challenge for Electrical Engineering - Prof.dr.Dietrich Naunin, Technical Univeristy from Berlin, President of German Electric Vehicles Association;
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles - an overview - Prof.dr.Aurelian Craciunescu, "Politehnica" University from Bucuresti;
- Electric Vehicle, a Solution for the Energy Rational Use and Urban Pollution Reduction - Prof.dr.Aurelian Craciunescu, "Politehnica" University from Bucuresti, Prof.dr.Nicolae Vasile, Dr.Virgil Racicovschi, ICPE sa
- Considerations Regarding the Reliability of the Electric Car Built-in Electronic Systems-Prof.dr.Mihai Octavian Popescu, Prof.dr.Claudia Laurenta Popescu, "Politehnica" University from Bucuresti;
- Car Sharing System in Europe and Romania. On the Necessity of Using Electric Vehicles in the System, Dipl.eng.Florin Dragomir, RATB;
- Fuel Cells. Principles, Construction and Application to Vehicles - Prof.dr.Corneliu Marinescu, "Transilvania" Univeristy,Brasov.
- Opportuneness of Using the Renewable Sources of Energy for the Ecological Transport Promotion - Conf.dr.Emilian Petre Zaides, ICPE sa.
There were also presented specialized papers concerning the developments of some specialists from research institutes, universities and companies within some projects with various cofinancing shares from the national programmes RELANSIN and AMTRANS or from programs of the European Commission in Brussels. Mention can be made of:
- Concerns of the Car Department of the University from Pitesti Regarding the Car Electric Drive - Conf. Dr. Danut Gabriel Marinescu, Pitesti University;
- ICPE's Concerns Regarding the Equipment of Some Romanian Cars with Hybrid Drive-Dipl.eng.Floarea Vasile, Dipl.eng.Mihaela Scortescu, ICPE sa
- Light Electric Vehicle with Various Applications, in Modular Construction - Dipl.eng.Mihaela Chefneux, Dipl.eng.Laurentiu Vatafu, Dipl.eng.Sergiu Costoiu, ICPE sa;
- Electric Machine for Hybrid Electric Vehicles-Dr.Paul Minciunescu, ICPE sa;
- Equipment for the Ecological Vehicle Drive, Control and Braking - Dipl.eng.Sigismund Slaiher, ICPE sa;
- Involvement of the Romanian Research in the Development of the Fuel Cells with Proton Changing Polymer Membrane - Dipl.chem. Aurora Petica, ICPE-CA;
- Ten Arguments in Favour of the Light Electric Vehicle - Dipl.eng.Mihaela Chefneux, Dipl.eng.Laurentiu Vatafu, Dipl.eng.Relu Balaban, Dipl.eng.Ionel Chirita, Dipl.eng.Sergiu Costoiu, ICPE sa.
Within the exhibition organized on this occasion, there were presented the offers of the companies which sponsored the event, among them being also included developments in the electric vehicle field, such as: Bumbas Electric company, VARTA representative, that also cofinanced the transfer into industry in Bacau of an electric scooter designed by Justin Capra, dipl.eng., also present at the event, Electro-Auto Service company-producer of the CARANDA traction batteries, the Romanian-Swiss TECHNOSOFT company with hardware and software solutions for car industry, implemented at GM and Dymler-Chrysler or ICPE-ACTEL company which presented a very high efficient equipment for charging the accumulator batteries from car stations, an equipment well appreciated on the market.
ICPE sa, the initiator of the program and EV consortium, presented within the exhibition, among other types of electric machines exported to Germany, UK, Israel, USA, two prototypes of electric machines designed for electric vehicles, developed in the last year, namely: a 10 kW synchronous brushless, pancake (length 90 mm and diameter 420 mm) machine for the equipment of an ARO-Spartana vehicle with hybrid propulsion and a DC 5 kW rare earth permanent magnet machine for light electric vehicles, respectively.
Within the talks carried on during the first part of the meeting, understanding the importance of the ecological transport promotion by electric vehicles, two of the mayors present at the event announced two local encouraging initiatives: the mayor of Pitesti, Mr.Tudor Penduic, presented the Decision of the Local Committee made a year ago, relative to the free parking of electric vehicles in Pitesti and the mayor of Bucharest Sector 3, Mr.Eugen Plesca announced that he would suggest to the Local Committee to approve a decision relative to the exemption (or reduction) from taxation of the electric cars users. This initiative could decisively encourage the application of the ecological transport means in Bucuresti (sector 3) for the moment and it could be generalized if a debate with this topic also take place at central levels, possibly finalized through a law elaborated within the Parliament.
The participation in the Work Shop of over 25 institutions representative for this field has once more proved the interest taken by the problems of the environment protection by the promotion of the durable ecological transport means not only in the Romanian scientific world-through the participation of the best specialists from universities and research institutions-but also among the possible producers and beneficiaries, the concerns of the companies present at the event being emphasized on the occasion of the round tables organized within the event.
blog comments powered by Disqus