Report: Mitsubishi Planning Five More Electric Car Models
The Nikkei reports that Mitsubishi will soon introduce five other electric models, and that by fiscal 2013, it intends to sell upwards of 30,000 electric vehicles and be profitable. Concurrent with beginning production of the i MiEV (earlier post), Mitsubishi Motors had also outlined its "Mitsubishi Motors Group Environmental Vision 2020" roadmap for its near-future, including a production volume at least 20% of which is electric vehicles.
Planned vehicles reportedly include:
- A left-side-steering version of the i-MiEV for the European market in the second half of fiscal 2010.
- An electric commercial vehicle that can be used to transport goods in fiscal 2010.
- During or after fiscal 2011, larger electric vehicle models based on full-sized cars, not minicars. The first, due out sometime in fiscal 2011, will be an electric version of a 1-liter small car.
- By fiscal 2013, a plug-in hybrid sport utility vehicle.
- A sport model of the i-MiEV, with better driving performance.
|<< PREVIOUS||NEXT >>|
blog comments powered by Disqus